So I’ve been thinking about writing a book about the most annoying things that people do…and not just annoying to me, but annoying to everyone and these people who are doing the annoying would be annoyed by it if someone did it to them to, yet they still choose to do them. so of my first thoughts:
- When you are exiting a parting lot in a regular car, and someone with a truck or SUV comes up next to you to turn the other way, and inches out a little further than you. Ok, now you not only cant see because their stupid vehicle is 3 times the size of yours, but you can inch out either for fear of getting killed…so now, you even though you were there first, you have to wait for this asshole to go. This is almost worse than being cut in the lunch line when you’ve been starving since 9AM.
- When you are in a rush to go somewhere and the jackass in front of you drives EXACTLY the speed limit, and just when you think that that they are finally possibly picking up the speed, you realize that they must have looked down at the speedometer and realized they were going 31mph in a 30 because they immediately step on the breaks…this is conversely annoying with you are having one of the rare “I’ve got all the time in the world and no where to be ” moments when you are taking your time on the road and you’ve got someone tailing you so hard you can see the color of their eyes in your rear-view mirror
- “Nice Drivers”. You know, the ones where you are both at a green light facing each other, and they are going straight and you are turning left, and instead of just following the rules of the road, they wave you on…you of course wave them on (because they are going straight and therefore, should have already passed you so you can turn), they wave you on again, possibly followed by a quick headlight flash. by the time this whole episode is done, both of you could have been half way to where you were going. just stick to the plan, people! Seriously.
- “Wannabe Nice Drivers”. When you are at a stop sign and another car gets to a different stop sign at the same intersection after you, then waves you on, as though they are doing you a favor or something…like “yea douche bag, damn right I’m gona go…I was here first!”
- people who slow down to 2 miles per hour to take a turn. need I say more?
As you can see, there will probably be an entire chapter on driving and fellow drivers….more to come.