A mixture of Survivor and The Amazing Race, Expedition Impossible‘s season started last night in heart of the Moroccan desert. With 13 teams of three, this is bound to be an amazing show. I would LOVE to be on this show, but somehow, I think my life may be too normal. I’ll follow this on a weeklyl basis, but if you missed last night, here’s a run down on the teams:
- The Football Players: Three has-been College/NFL football players who probably think that they can whoop everyone because they are athletic, but I don’t see winning in their future…They seem pretty competitive, but without the guidance of a coach, I doubt they will be able to keep it together.
- The Gypsies: (my personal favorite) These guys are a little out there, but with their world travels and friendly attitudes, I think that they will do pretty good. I even think they may make some friends and form alliances. I think this will be the free spirited nomadic adventure they have been searching for!
- The Fisherman: Since these guys are from New England, I do root for them in a way, but I’m not sure how well they will do. Fishing is a stressful job, but all of these guys are in their mid to late 40’s, so I don’t know that they will hold out.
- Country Boys: These guys need to go…they come on the show like “hey y’all, ain’t no one gona beat us” and then BEFORE the first challenge even starts – literally, they were walking up the first hill-almost quit…are you kidding me? If that was my teammate, I would seriously never talk to him again.
- The Cops- set of 3 cops from MA…should be interesting.
- Team Kansas: three southern bell type sisters. They are cute and spunky, but clearly don’t stand a chance.
- No Limits: Although at first glance this team may look like the weak link, with one of the members being blind. I think that they team actually stands a pretty good chance at doing really well, because only 2 of the members can see how scary some of these task are. For instance, the blind dude had no apprehensions about repelling down a 300 foot rock face, but he did mention that he could “hear the space” so i guess that can be pretty scary. Additionally, 2 of them are motivational speakers so they should be able to keep their spirits up! However, I do find them a bit on the annoying side because they have to wear bells to help the blind dude, and they are too optimistic.
- NY Firemen: I don’t doubt that these men are tough, but they are all a little chubby and seems like they will poop out in the first few episodes.
- Mom’s Army:
- Latin Persuasion: bye!!! I honestly cant even believe these girls entered this competition. This is clearly no place for them and I cannot stress enough how happy I am that they went home. These 3 NYC retards actually thought that since they could “conquer the concrete jungle” this would be no problem…
- Grandpa’s Warriors: I don’t LOVE this team, but I think they are alright. Personally, I don’t think that a competition like this is in any way a place for a 70 year old man, but I have a feeling they are going to become a fan favorite, get reasonably far in the game and when they go home they are gong to be all sentimental about it.
- Fab 3: Ex Gay lovers and one of their sisters…interesting combo. Normally this combination would make me think there is going to be an overabundance of drama on the team, but these guys, shockingly, seem like they are going to do pretty well…and are definily not going to go home without a fight. I like their “work smart” mentality.
- California Girls: Seriously? Not to be mean, but I give these girls 3 weeks…