You know you’re suffering the effects of the black out when…
So here it is day 5 of the epic October storm that knocked out power for more than 850,000 CT residents. While the first day was a fun adventure, now life is getting a little boring. So after days of seeing the mayhem that is our state, I couldn’t resist putting this lsit together. please feel free to add more from your own experiences! 🙂
You know you’re suffereing the effects of the black out when…
- You have to get in line for more gas when your car hits half tank so you don’t run out while you’re sitting in line.
- The wait for Big Y pizza is over 2 hours (because its the only hot food around).
- Stores aren’t getting business because of their featured sales, but rather because of the sign out front that says “we’re open!” (see cvs pic below)
- You’ve forgotten what the different colors of the traffic light mean because you haven’t seen one that works in such a long time.
- You wake up in the morning and just go back to sleep until afternoon because there’s literally nothing to do.
- Your entertainment comes from watching your adorably loveable butsurprisingly dumb dog chase the light from the flashlight around the room.
- Although its 55 degrees and beautiful outside, you can’t go anywhere on foot because of the hundreds of power lines still laying in the street.
- You’ve played more games in the past week than you have played in the past year combined.
- The thought of eating one more PBJ is nauseating.
- You realize just how attached to your phone you are when your sitting in your car charging it multiple times a day.