Monthly Archives: December 2011
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Syndey Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 15,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 6 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
With only 12 hours until the ball drops, it’s amazing to think about how quickly the past year has gone! I always heard from adults that as you get older the days go quicker and quicker and I never really believed them. I remember as a kid having a countdown until Christmas that started the day after Thanksgiving and it seemed like it took FOREVER. Nowadays, I hope time will stop so that I have enough time to do everything before the big day.
2011 was an interesting year. Many people came into my life, and few left too. I had a lot of changes in from a new job (slightly before), to living on my own. I probably will feel this way at the end of every year from here on out (or at least I hope I will) but I think I’ve learned a lot about myself and other people and have learned to move on from the past and live in the present.
Oh, and the best part of 2011 was starting my blog! With the encouragement of a special co-worker, I started erinHasThoughts in January of 2011 and in this first year have had over 16,700 views! I have some great things in store for you guys in 2012! Keep reading and make sure you “like” erinHasThoughts on FaceBook so that you get all of the latest updates!
Hope you all have a happy and safe New Year and fantastic 2012 to come!
Last night while watching TV I saw the infomercial for the Slim Away. It starts out “You can’t look slim and trim when your waist keeps getting bigger and bigger. Diets stink and exercise takes forever!” Yea, no shit! As we know, being a fat lazy piece of garbage takes almost no time at all since most people fall into the “convenience food trap”. If you are fat and you buy this “adjustable slimming garment” and you “appear to have lost 20 lbs” by wearing it, at the end of the day, you’ll still be fat. Does diet and exercise take time and effort, absolutely, but people who care about their bodies and their lives will get themselves off the couch for 30 minutes a day to take care of themselves!
Being an active person, this product really, really gets to me. I get that this is a great time of year to market the product because everyone on a little holiday weight between christmas parties and declious meals, but that’s absolutely no excuse to wear a girdle in everyday life. Here’s an idea: how about instead of stopping at Dunkin Donuts for a Coolata and Big N’ Toasty for breakfast, driving to the nearest McDonalds for Big Mac and Large Soda for lunch, snacking on every baked good your coworkers bring for the holiday season in the afternoon AND ordering pizza for dinner you could go to the grocery store and eat at least ONE THING thats not 100% processed. And if you’re really feeling ambitious, take a 20 minute walk on your lunch break! Just a thought.
The other thing(s) that get me on this product is the fact that they are offering a 2 for 1 deal…which is basically assuming that your partner is also overweight and would also need a “slimming garment”. Now, while this is not a bad assumption, its still disgusting. Finally, When you see this picture, you can see that this person OBVIOUSLY does not need the slim away, yet people probably believe in their convoluted brains that by using this slimming product they too will become a size 0 and look great in a bikini this summer…what false hope. And, to top it off, the “slim away” logo more than resembles the Biggest Loser logo, which again, is misleading to the consumer. I mean it’s not a direct image of the BL logo, but when I initially saw it, I immediately thought Biggest Loser, and I don’t even watch the show. So, at first glance you are lead to believe that this product is endorsed by fitness professionals. I’m just going to go out on a limb here and say that Jillian Michaels would NOT be a fan of this fat buster.
Stage 1 – SMART
This is when you suddenly become an expert on every subject in the known Universe. You know you know everything and want to pass on your knowledge to anyone who will listen. At this stage you are always RIGHT. And of course the person you are talking to is very WRONG. This makes for an interesting argument when both parties are SMART.
Stage 2 – GOOD LOOKING
This is when you realize that you are the BEST LOOKING person in the entire bar and that people fancy you. You can go up to a perfect stranger knowing they fancy you and really want to talk to you. Bear in mind that you are still SMART, so you can talk to this person about any subject under the sun.
Stage 3 – RICH
This is when you suddenly become the richest person in the world. You can buy drinks for the entire bar because you have an armored truck full of money parked behind the bar. You can also make bets at this stage, because of course, you are still SMART, so naturally you will win all your bets. It doesn’t matter how much you bet ‘cos you are RICH. You will also buy drinks for everyone that you fancy, because now you are the BEST LOOKING person in the world.
Stage 4 – BULLET PROOF
You are now ready to pick fights with anyone and everyone especially those with whom you have been betting or arguing. This is because nothing can hurt you. At this point you can also go up to the partners of the people who you fancy and challenge to a battle of wits or money. You have no fear of losing this battle because you are SMART, you are RICH and hell, you’re BETTER LOOKING than they are anyway!
Stage 5 – INVISIBLE
This is the Final Stage of Drunkenness. At this point you can do anything because NO ONE CAN SEE YOU. You dance on a table to impress the people who you fancy because the rest of the people in the room cannot see you. You are also invisible to the person who wants to fight you. You can walk through the street singing at the top of your lungs because no one can see or hear you and because you’re still SMART and you know all the words.
I read this article about the most annoying Facebook status updates, and I was literally laughing out loud because not only are all of these annoying, but I also see all of them on a daily basis. When a group of Facebook users was polled, here are the results:
- 24% say its the intentionally vague posts meant to generate concern and attention, also known as a “vague-booker”. “Has it even been worth it” or “I love the way you lie…” These people can quote movies or songs, or say something vague about what is going on in their life and they think that no one knows what its in reference to, but most people do. These people seem a bit confused, because although their posts prod people to ask questions and exert concern, they tend to get mad when people are “talking about them”. Refer to Facebook: Private Thoughts in a Public World for more information on this.
- 20% say its the Chronic complainer, also know as the “bummer-booker”. “Ugh, rain again? Can I get some sunlight?” or “So glad someone at work decided it would be a great idea to reheat Chinese food in our tiny office…cant wait to smell like kung pow chicken all day.” These people take something that they probably would never say to real person a posting it on Facebook. Easy to be brave behind a computer!.
- 19% say its the people who are constantly posting meaningless calls to action, also known as the “booking-activist”. “If you want to fight world hunger, put the color of your socks as your staus update. I want to see who is brave enough to do this” or “If someone you love, know or have possibly met one time in your life has or had cancer, repost this to show your cancer survivor support…most people won’t be strong enough to repost.” Ok, these are pretty much retarded because you posting someone on FB isn’t really supporting anything…at all. sorry.
- 14% say its the “oversharer”. Thats it, not clever nickname for them…they are what they are, and you know it alllll… “Next time wear a thong with the wrap dress” or “Leslie has been puking all day and Tyler has the runs…not gonna be a fun night”. Now, why would ANYONE want to know that? And furthermore, people should be embarrassed to share such graphic details with the internet and all eyes that come across it. Come on…the line has to be drawn somewhere and I think it should be drawn at private parts and bodily fluids!
- 13% say it the miscellaneous posts, which include religious/political statements, indecipherable txt spk, and game updates. “I hate when I wake up in the morning and Obama is President” …you hating it doesn’t change anything…and did you even vote?
- Finally, 10% say its the people who post too much, or “frequent-Facebookers”. 12:00PM: “Chicken salad or tuna?” 12:15: “Chicken it is! Thanks for all the responses guys!” or (and this is one of my favorites) “Good Morning Facebook” or anything else that refers to Facebook as a real person or friend. Some of these people need to step away from their computer and/or put the smart phone down and do one thing in life that they don’t also give a play-by-play for on FB. I don’t need to know your daily agenda, what you ate/are about to eat, and I certainly don’t need to see a whole slew of self portraits that you took of your self in your bathroom mirror. I don’t care how amazing you look…the toilet in the background really takes away from the sex appeal!
Get a life people! Now I love to talk and share my thoughts with the world, obviously, but is it really necessary to share every single detail of your life and every single thought that goes through your head the moment that it appears in your brain? Personally, I don’t think so, but as always, it makes for good entertainment…carry on.
Can men and women ever be “just friends” without some sort of a hidden agenda? Well I say yes, but then again, I’m a woman and don’t assume that every person of the opposite sex that talks to me wants to jump my bones. As a woman, an attraction is either there or its not. You know pretty much from the moment that you meet someone if you are going to be attracted to them or not. Men on the other hand…well they are a different breed. Although they may start out as looking at a girl as “just a friend” the more the two hang out, the more the man starts thinking to themselves “ok, I think I might have a chance here”. What I’m saying is that men develop an attraction to a girl merely by proximity.
Think about it girls tend to be nicer than boys in the way that they are more caring and compassionate. And, while at first boys take this as “just being nice” the longer it happens, the more they think that the girl “must be smitten because no one is nice for that amount of time”. I think deep down all girls get to a certain age and they know this too…Although girls say that they have guys that are “just friends” they know that in reality they are just friends to the guys, but somwhere in the guys’ convoluted mind they have a crush, even if its ever so slight, and would pounce on an opportunity if it arose.
Don’t believe me? Check out this poll done at the library on Utah State’s campus…this pretty much breaks it down…