Facebook Status Updates…#NobodyCares
I read this article about the most annoying Facebook status updates, and I was literally laughing out loud because not only are all of these annoying, but I also see all of them on a daily basis. When a group of Facebook users was polled, here are the results:
- 24% say its the intentionally vague posts meant to generate concern and attention, also known as a “vague-booker”. “Has it even been worth it” or “I love the way you lie…” These people can quote movies or songs, or say something vague about what is going on in their life and they think that no one knows what its in reference to, but most people do. These people seem a bit confused, because although their posts prod people to ask questions and exert concern, they tend to get mad when people are “talking about them”. Refer to Facebook: Private Thoughts in a Public World for more information on this.
- 20% say its the Chronic complainer, also know as the “bummer-booker”. “Ugh, rain again? Can I get some sunlight?” or “So glad someone at work decided it would be a great idea to reheat Chinese food in our tiny office…cant wait to smell like kung pow chicken all day.” These people take something that they probably would never say to real person a posting it on Facebook. Easy to be brave behind a computer!.
- 19% say its the people who are constantly posting meaningless calls to action, also known as the “booking-activist”. “If you want to fight world hunger, put the color of your socks as your staus update. I want to see who is brave enough to do this” or “If someone you love, know or have possibly met one time in your life has or had cancer, repost this to show your cancer survivor support…most people won’t be strong enough to repost.” Ok, these are pretty much retarded because you posting someone on FB isn’t really supporting anything…at all. sorry.
- 14% say its the “oversharer”. Thats it, not clever nickname for them…they are what they are, and you know it alllll… “Next time wear a thong with the wrap dress” or “Leslie has been puking all day and Tyler has the runs…not gonna be a fun night”. Now, why would ANYONE want to know that? And furthermore, people should be embarrassed to share such graphic details with the internet and all eyes that come across it. Come on…the line has to be drawn somewhere and I think it should be drawn at private parts and bodily fluids!
- 13% say it the miscellaneous posts, which include religious/political statements, indecipherable txt spk, and game updates. “I hate when I wake up in the morning and Obama is President” …you hating it doesn’t change anything…and did you even vote?
- Finally, 10% say its the people who post too much, or “frequent-Facebookers”. 12:00PM: “Chicken salad or tuna?” 12:15: “Chicken it is! Thanks for all the responses guys!” or (and this is one of my favorites) “Good Morning Facebook” or anything else that refers to Facebook as a real person or friend. Some of these people need to step away from their computer and/or put the smart phone down and do one thing in life that they don’t also give a play-by-play for on FB. I don’t need to know your daily agenda, what you ate/are about to eat, and I certainly don’t need to see a whole slew of self portraits that you took of your self in your bathroom mirror. I don’t care how amazing you look…the toilet in the background really takes away from the sex appeal!
Get a life people! Now I love to talk and share my thoughts with the world, obviously, but is it really necessary to share every single detail of your life and every single thought that goes through your head the moment that it appears in your brain? Personally, I don’t think so, but as always, it makes for good entertainment…carry on.