Monthly Archives: June 2012
Ok so this story caught my eye…not because it’s so shocking that three dumbass boys in their late teens and early twenties are dealing drugs, but more because of how stupid they are. They rented a room at the Hilton in Milford CT, were apparently using it to do whatever it was they needed to do to get their heroine “street-ready”, (sorry, I don’t have any experience in this so I really can’t go into detail), and then proceeded to leave the hotel. My guess is that the convo went something like this:
Idiot #1: Lets rent a hotel room to break up this herion. My mom hates it when we do it in her basement.
Idiot #2: Yea, thats a great idea…and we have all this money from dealing drugs so its no problem
Idiot #3: Yea, man!
2 hours and mad drugs later
Idiot #1: Let’s get outta herrrr mannnn….gotta make sum calls
Idiot #2: Yea…we don’t want to get caught here with all dis shit
Idiot #3: Yea, man….
1 hour later (once their high has worn out)
Idiot #1: Man, pass me some of that shit…I needs it.
Idiot #2: I don’t have it, he took it…
Idiot #3: uhhhh……………
So of course what they did was next was they immediately went back to the hotel to try and rent the same room…not knowing that the cops were already there. Needless to say, they were all promptly arrested.
I mean come on people, if you’re going to deal drugs at least TRY to be smart about it! What retards!
Yes, I used that phrase in quotes because my “fashion sense” is minimal at best. I’ve been wanting to change this, especially as of recently. I have reconnected with an old friend who started a fashion blog called Tattoos and Pearls, and since I’ve been seeing her quirky and cool style it has inspired me to step up my game. The only problem is that “stepping up my game” would imply that I had ANY game to begin with. I literally spent an hour texting Hannah different self taken pictures of me in different outfits while standing on a chair in my bathroom. Yes, a chair in my bathroom…I don’t even own a full length mirror. This story is getting sadder and sadder by the minute!
Anyways, since I was doing the whole fashion show thing last night, I discovered that I have WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many clothes, which is extremely disheartening because I feel like I never have anything to wear! Go figure, right? The worst part about this whole situation is that I just got rid of 4 packed garbage bags FULL of clothes at the beginning of May. Oh, and to add insult to injury, now that I’ve lost a little bit of weight I wish had some of those clothing items that I readily gave away 2 months ago…WAH!
Anyways, Hannah is going to come over next week (hopefully) to be my personal stylist for a day…how lucky am I!? LOL, probably more like she just feels bad for my terribly awful taste! haha But whatever gets her over to my place, right? Anyways, here’s a list of my FAVORITE clothing items that I’m really hoping she can someone mold into some cute outfits for me!
- Colored Skinny Jeans – I’m obsessed…I have Eggplant Purple, Magenta, Kelly Green, Rust….love them, love them, love them.
- Ripped Jeans – I lovvvveeeee ripped jeans. I have some that I’ve been wearing since I was 15, and I have some that I’ve paid way too much for…I’m not ashamed. I love them and I don’t care.
- Leggings – soooo comfy and can be worn for anything (or at least they can in my world). Dress them up, dress them down, whatevs.
- RUFFLES! I love ruffles. I have a lot of shirts that have ruffles in them around the collar, down the front, or even just random. I love them and i don’t want to get rid of them.
- Stripes – my best friend will vouch for this. She said to me a few years ago “man you really like stripes”….I was a bit offended at the time (for no real or valid reason), but goddammnit she was right! I have over 15 striped shirts. I cannot part with any of them.
- moccasins – love em! I also like the look of wearing moccasin boots with cropped pants or shorts even in the summer.
- Cut offs – I LOVE my shorty-short cutoffs that are so short the pockets hang out….Ben told me I’m too old to wear them still. He’s probably right, and I probably shouldn’t wear them in public (for a multitude of reasons), but I’m not giving them away. suck it. I also have some more adult-appropriate length ones, and what I like to call my “Huckleberry Finn” cut offs, which is a pair of Ben’s pants that he cut into shorts to wear himself (long story, we’ll get into that later), and now I can wear 🙂
- White tops – I love white tank tops, white t-shirts, white tunics, white long sleeves, and white sweaters. If you can keep it clean and crisp, I LOVE the look!
- Wedges – loveeeee wedges for summer! They are so cute and soooo comfy! what other heels can you walk around in all day long without your feet feeling like they are going to fall off!
- Yoga Pants – ok, I know I’m not going to make these fashionable, but what girl can honestly say she could live without her yoga pants…lets be real.
- Cardigans – I am obsessed with cardigans. Probably because I cold blooded and frequently need something to quickly toss on over what I’m wearing. Even though it’s kind o fa nerdy look, I just like button down cardigans. V-neck cardis are my fave, but I don’t discriminate.
So yea…hopefully Hannah will help a sista out, and then maybe I’ll do my own little “fashion post” with some of the amazzzzzing outfits she styles me in! Oh, and be sure to checkout her blog, Tattoos and Pearls! She’s hilarious, and adds in a personal touch with stories and jokes while displaying her awesome style!
Ok, so today I went to Price Chopper in Vernon CT to rent a rug doctor so that I could shampoo my rugs….I sure do know how to have a good time! Anyways, while I was walking into the store I saw something really quite amazing. This woman, who appeared to be in her 40’s was walking in with who I assumed to be her son (he looked about 10). Anyways, she’s walking in with him and I couldn’t help but stare…she was dressed like a 12 year old. She had on chucks, a pleaded mini skirt (we’re talking at least 8 inches over her knee), a skin tight baby tee (who knows, maybe it was her baby’s tee), and get this….pig tails. Not like cute Susan Somers pig tails, I’m talking full on, sticking out of the sides of her head, above her ears, big tails. COME ON!!
I wish I could have gotten a pic for you guys, but I was so awe-stricken and amused, I really couldn’t. I mean this outfit aside this soma was extremely pretty, but for the love of god, woman, get it together!! I don’t care how “hot” you are or how much you want to be a MILFORD, some things just cross the line, and THIS was one of those things!
So recently I started listening to the “Jock Jams” station while doing my p90x workouts, and almost immediately I became OBSESSED. In fact, I like it so much I’ve been listening to Jock Jams all day at work recently too. It’s such fun music that really pumps you up. You gotta love the classics like Technotronic’s Pump This Jam and 2 Unlimited’s Get Ready For This. Then of course there’s other great hits that you can’t help dancing to, even when you’re sitting like 69 Boys’ Tootsie Roll, and Quad City DJ’s C”Mon ‘N Ride The Train. Luckily the train dance is pretty easy to do even while sitting. I even get taken back to the good ‘ole days of 5th grade socials with gems like Freak Nasty’s Da’ Dip.
I do have one qualm with this station though. They don’t know where to draw the line. All of the above mentioned songs and artists really pump you up and make you want to work hard. Somewhere along the line this station got confused and started sticking in music by Michael Jackson and the Allman Brothers. While I enjoy both of these artists, they are not exactly what “pumps me up”. I mean really, when was the last time you heard Black or White and said to yourself “you know what, I suddenly have a ton of energy to complete a plyometrics workout”??
Luckily these songs come on less frequently than the REAL Jock Jams, but Jesus, when they do, I feel the same way that I did when I went on a 7 mile run and my iPod seemed to ONLY play Sara Bareilles…
So as usual, this week was busy for Ben and I. I haven’t even posted anything other than a quick picture in a couple weeks…it’s getting depressing! Anyways, since Sunday was our only day to really hang out and do something together we made the most of it. We started out with was supposed to be breakfast at Pastrami on Wry, but since we got there WELL after breakfast hours we had a delicious lunch instead. Then we headed over to Gay City State Park in Hebron, CT, which is also part of our 2012 Bucket List! Gay City is interesting and has a quite a bit of history behind it. It’s an old abandoned mill town from the 18th century and gets its’ name from the surname of the majority of the small town’s 25 families, the Gay Family.
Despite it’s interesting name, Gay City has tons of things to do for everyone! There is a pond for swimming and fishing, tons of trails for hiking and mountain biking, a small beach, picnic areas which are fully equipped with charcoal grills, and lots of open space for stuff like wiffle ball or frisbee. Gay City also allows dogs, which is great! I can’t wait to go back and bring Tazzy! Jake may enjoy it too if we were just going to hang out, but I know Taz would love to hike or mountain bike with us (of course he would only run while we bike!).
We had a wonderful time hiking the blue trail, on to the red/white and then finished on the red. We thought it would nice to go back next weekend with my aunt and uncle, but we’ll have to wait to see what the weekend brings!
We saw a cool bird’s nest that was stuck up on a shed with mud…very cool!k We also saw tons of bull frogs and even cooler, tadpoles! They were on their very last step before being full fledged froggies! most of them had back legs grown already, and were about 4 inches long! very cool! We are going to get some nets and a bucket so we can start catching some of these creatures…of course we will release them though!
You’d have to be blind if you can honestly say you can’t find Adam Levine the least bit attractive, of course judging by looks only. I used to love Maroon 5 before I even knew who Adam Levine was, and I even liked him on his own for a while, but then through seeing him on TV shows, listening to him on radio shows, and reading about him in magazines, I get the feeling he’s somewhat of a conceited douche bag. BUT, obviously, I don’t know him, and all of the abovementioned sources could be inaccurate.
Anyways, that is not what today’s post is about. Today’s post is about his currently popular song on the radio “Pay Phone”…you know, the one that has the lyrics that say “I’m on a pay phone trying to call home, all of my change I spent on you…” Here’s what I want to know: where the hell is Adam Levine finding a pay phone? 1997? This is just so unrealistic that it just honestly annoys me! I mean maybe he could say he was crying so much because he was missing his ex that his cell phone got wet and now it doesn’t work, or he was so distraught that he hiked to the middle of the Andes Mountains and has no service to call his ex….now THOSE are realistic scenarios…but a pay phone? come on!
Get with the program Adam Levine!