“My Fashion Sense”…
Yes, I used that phrase in quotes because my “fashion sense” is minimal at best. I’ve been wanting to change this, especially as of recently. I have reconnected with an old friend who started a fashion blog called Tattoos and Pearls, and since I’ve been seeing her quirky and cool style it has inspired me to step up my game. The only problem is that “stepping up my game” would imply that I had ANY game to begin with. I literally spent an hour texting Hannah different self taken pictures of me in different outfits while standing on a chair in my bathroom. Yes, a chair in my bathroom…I don’t even own a full length mirror. This story is getting sadder and sadder by the minute!
Anyways, since I was doing the whole fashion show thing last night, I discovered that I have WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many clothes, which is extremely disheartening because I feel like I never have anything to wear! Go figure, right? The worst part about this whole situation is that I just got rid of 4 packed garbage bags FULL of clothes at the beginning of May. Oh, and to add insult to injury, now that I’ve lost a little bit of weight I wish had some of those clothing items that I readily gave away 2 months ago…WAH!
Anyways, Hannah is going to come over next week (hopefully) to be my personal stylist for a day…how lucky am I!? LOL, probably more like she just feels bad for my terribly awful taste! haha But whatever gets her over to my place, right? Anyways, here’s a list of my FAVORITE clothing items that I’m really hoping she can someone mold into some cute outfits for me!
- Colored Skinny Jeans – I’m obsessed…I have Eggplant Purple, Magenta, Kelly Green, Rust….love them, love them, love them.
- Ripped Jeans – I lovvvveeeee ripped jeans. I have some that I’ve been wearing since I was 15, and I have some that I’ve paid way too much for…I’m not ashamed. I love them and I don’t care.
- Leggings – soooo comfy and can be worn for anything (or at least they can in my world). Dress them up, dress them down, whatevs.
- RUFFLES! I love ruffles. I have a lot of shirts that have ruffles in them around the collar, down the front, or even just random. I love them and i don’t want to get rid of them.
- Stripes – my best friend will vouch for this. She said to me a few years ago “man you really like stripes”….I was a bit offended at the time (for no real or valid reason), but goddammnit she was right! I have over 15 striped shirts. I cannot part with any of them.
- moccasins – love em! I also like the look of wearing moccasin boots with cropped pants or shorts even in the summer.
- Cut offs – I LOVE my shorty-short cutoffs that are so short the pockets hang out….Ben told me I’m too old to wear them still. He’s probably right, and I probably shouldn’t wear them in public (for a multitude of reasons), but I’m not giving them away. suck it. I also have some more adult-appropriate length ones, and what I like to call my “Huckleberry Finn” cut offs, which is a pair of Ben’s pants that he cut into shorts to wear himself (long story, we’ll get into that later), and now I can wear 🙂
- White tops – I love white tank tops, white t-shirts, white tunics, white long sleeves, and white sweaters. If you can keep it clean and crisp, I LOVE the look!
- Wedges – loveeeee wedges for summer! They are so cute and soooo comfy! what other heels can you walk around in all day long without your feet feeling like they are going to fall off!
- Yoga Pants – ok, I know I’m not going to make these fashionable, but what girl can honestly say she could live without her yoga pants…lets be real.
- Cardigans – I am obsessed with cardigans. Probably because I cold blooded and frequently need something to quickly toss on over what I’m wearing. Even though it’s kind o fa nerdy look, I just like button down cardigans. V-neck cardis are my fave, but I don’t discriminate.
So yea…hopefully Hannah will help a sista out, and then maybe I’ll do my own little “fashion post” with some of the amazzzzzing outfits she styles me in! Oh, and be sure to checkout her blog, Tattoos and Pearls! She’s hilarious, and adds in a personal touch with stories and jokes while displaying her awesome style!